Pages

22 Apr 2009

lahnstaudn

They're nothing but weeds really, Lahnstaudenia austriaca (or as they are commonly known, Lahnstaudn - Stumpfblatt-Ampfer, or Latin Rumex obtusifolius, probably subspecies sylvestris). And they aren't really beautiful, are they?

Weeeell ... to be honest, I'm not so sure. I think they're quite nice.

PS: The other day I told you that apple trees hadn't begun yet flowering, based on the fact that I saw an apple tree who indeed hadn't open its buds yet. But today I saw one of the apple trees - which by the way provided me with delicious apples last year - which already had finished with flowering, for the most part, as you see below. To that I can only add that I always knew that different kinds of apple trees flower at different times; I only didn't realise how big the difference could be ...

PPS: Last year the apple flowering season was much earlier than this year. But as it is extremely warm already other plants, first and foremost corn poppy, already are flowering: I saw the first ones today. Which is some two weeks earlier than last year, which is quite unusual. Surely the extemely warm weather has brought out corn poppy so soon; it is yet dry too, very much so, and rain is much needed by nature.