Pages

10 May 2008

wild sow

Today I disturbed a few wild sows with their young: I only saw them a few metres before I would have trampled on them - because I was completely concentrated on not stepping into quite fresh wild boar dung (without making the connection that the producers of the dung might still be around).

The sows only saw me a blink of an eye before I saw them, and I am not quite sure who was more startled. The sows, probably, as they instantly took flight with their young.

Of course my camera was not ready to take a shot, and even if it had been in my hands I probably wouldn't have managed to take a photo.

Therefore I can only offer you another weed (after yesterdays Mohn): Adonis aestivalis (Sommer-Adonisröschen - Summer pheasant's eye). It has become rare due to extensive use of herbicides.