Pages

22 May 2008

good morning

It all looked like it was going to be perfect: after some days of heavy rain it would probably clear up slightly today in the early morning hours, according to the forecasts.

So I got up at a quarter to 4 o'clock in the morning: and the sky looked promising, some clouds, but the moon shone through. I just about managed to be in Upper Lobau for the sunrise, didn't quite manage Lower Lobau (which is where I wanted to be).

It was all for naught though, the rising sun kept hidden behind a huge cloud in the east while the western horizon was almost completely free of clouds.

But before I gave up and packed in the sun finally broke through, so at last I've got something to show here on the blog, though unfortunately not a breathtaking sunrise.

(And yes, it was muddy and dirty out there. But the water levels were just slightly above normal; so the rainy weather just gave nature what it needs at this time of year without causing any severe floodings.)