Pages

7 May 2008

Amstetten

Amstetten is a nice little provincial town, quite rural still, surrounded by lovely rolling hills (this particular landscape lying just to the west of the city), here with the Alps on the horizon, their peaks still covered in snow.

A few days ago the world knew nothing of Amstetten, now they know it all.

I only can hope for the victims that they sometimes will be able to enjoy nature (which they might), I can only hope for them that they will be able to lead at least a half-normal life from now on. For the offender I only hope that he dies in prison (which seems to be realistic), and that he regrets what he has done at some point. For both these wishes there seems to be not much hope: I do not think that the victims ever will recover fully, and I cannot imagine that the offender ever will regret his deeds, or even realise what he has done to his own kin.

(And for the yellow press vultures I hope that they soon find another victim - and that they leave the ones of Amstetten in peace. They may concentrate on the offender, I wouldn't mind them doing that.)