Pages

4 Sept 2010

bicycle traffic check

No kidding! While I've been on my way to one of the last wildernesses of the 'inner' city of Vienna (that is, in densely populated areas and not on the outskirts where there's plenty of wildlife) two policewomen asked me while I was struggling over rough plaster at hardly walking pace whether I'm not speeding as this is a 30 kilometres per hour zone. Well, I told them no, certainly not, but I'll try my best to keep as close to the speed limit as possible - but that this really is difficult on plaster like that.

Of course the policewomen were joking, and so was I. It is really refreshing having a police force with some sense of humour - thank you for that, girls! (I even thought about trying to begin to flirt with them - but they're police after all, there's something looming in the background which prevented me even giving an attempt. :D)