Pages

7 Jul 2010

germany vs. spain

I intended to post this only after the match was finished but I fear that both teams will put me to sleep long before, and also I fear that there might be overtime, and possibly a penalty shootout.

Just as expected - Germany is defending very solidly so that Spain does not find a way to score: of course both teams know that whoever makes the first mistake most likely won't make it to the finals. Which however is quite boring. Very well then, let's just hope that the better team wins. (So far I wouldn't hesitate to say that the Spanish team is better; they're also more eager trying to score rather than rely on their defense. Also I must say that I still expected more from both teams, but especially from Spain. Anyway, I'm turning back to my TV set, not giving up hope of still seeing a tiny little bit of attractive football.)