Pages

19 Apr 2010

eyjafjallajokull

I hate flying, I don't do it if I can avoid it at all. Not because I hate flying as such but because it is such a nuisance. Whatever, the huge fuss about this stuff didn't really concern me as I didn't travel by airplane.

So I travelled this weekend, and I travelled back through the seasons; here's early spring of Upper Mühlviertel, at almost 700 metres altitude above sea level:

And this is pre-early spring of Lower Mühlviertel at above 800 metres altitude where there even was a little bit of snow left here and there (but not actually in this photo):

And meanwhile in Vienna orchids began their flowering season (if reluctantly only, with only a few showing so far) - which means that "high" spring has begun:

Further up the mountains in the Alps there's of course still winter, of which there's possibly more to come soon on this blog.