Pages

20 Jun 2009

summer

It's supposed to be summer but it is really cold this weekend; it has been raining the whole day and today's highest temperatures for Vienna are a mere fifteen degrees Celsius. (Honestly I doubt even those 15 °.)

So it's the perfect day to search the archives as I've still only shown a tiny selection of the pictures which I took in the last couple of weeks. The photo above shows quite rare Muscari comosum tenuiflorum*) - and big surprise, this time one which grows on farmland as if it were a weed. (You know, herbicide use of our modern times usually takes care of such "weeds", thus it is really rare to see one growing in this place.)

[*) Which is even rarer. I only now discovered that I made a mistake here.]

And here you see (I think) Sedum sexangulare (sedum is a difficult genus to determine):

Their flowering season just has begun, but if you would pass by some of those Sedum flowers you most likely wouldn't notice them because they're tiny.

Anyway, it seems the sun might still come out today (its first rays just have hit my balcony as I'm writing this), so probably I will still take the chance and get some fresh air.